With the December 2018 proof week, CRV concludes a year that has been noticeably tough on dairy farmers throughout the USA. The dairy community is showing its strength and passion by pushing for sustainability despite the struggles of every day farming life.
CRV is committed to contribute to the future of US dairy farmers though genetics. This December, CRV USA continues to release strong line-ups that deliver genetics for a profitable bottom line; genetics that ensure sustainable herds for many more generations of passionate dairy farmers.
- 097HO42106 LUKAKU checks every box for every goal. He is a high ranking genomic active bull for both GTPI (2829) and $NM (961). Daughters will be fertile with high production, and he is an excellent choice for the calving pen as well with an SCE of 5.4. Lukaku will sire efficient cows with moderate size and great health traits.
- 097HO42092 EAGLE is a production and premium milk superstar. He is a whopping 189 pounds of CFP – 2297 PTA Milk with positive component percentages. Eagle will soar in heifer pens as well with an SCE value of 5.8 and will moderate frame and stature.
- Dutch Red Holstein sire 097HO41949 JACUZZI RED continues to be an efficiency superstar. He ranks extremely high on Dutch indices with a value of 384 NVI. He has a Better Life Efficiency value of 19% and is a superb production sire, with 123 KG Fat and 75 KG Protein. He supplies this high volume of production in an extremely healthy fashion as well with an SCS value of 114.
- 097JE00187 PRESTO can call himself the current #1 JUI bull at 44.1 JUI. The only active bull above 40 JUI, this leader will improve those udders in no time!
- 097JE00180 KAWHI tops the Jersey breed list for low SCS. This udder health champion also ties at #3 for Protein and adds the volume as well, coming at #6 in the breed for Milk. This bull sure does the Jersey breed proud as an all around victor for Production!
- Interested in polled genetics? Look no further, because we have the #1 Active homozygous polled Jersey bull ready to serve! And this bull is no one-trick-pony. 097JE00181 MATTER-PP will also make sure to fill that tank, scoring over 1000lbs for PTAM. Right by his side stands 097JE00178 WHODAT-P, strengthening our polled Jersey team as the #3 active polled bull in the breed. At 615 $NM, this wingman shows that there is no need for polled Jersey bulls to compromise on those valuable components.
- New addition 097FL65548 WATERKANT demonstrates that Fleckvieh doesn’t compromise on milk. With an equally impressive beef index, this moneymaker adds value on both sides of the coin. Welcome to the US, WATERKANT!
- A2A2 bull 097FL80946 HONGKONG PP is a true premium milk king with excellent components, and an outstanding milk index. CRV is excited to add this bull to the Fleckvieh lineup, and expects a lot of easily born, strong and polled HONGKONG PP calves on US soil soon
THINK YOU CAN SEE WHICH COWS ARE MOST FEED EFFICIENT? THINK AGAIN.
Three full sisters at one of CRVs feed intake collection herds prove that the outside of a cow says very little about her feed conversion rate. Linda 1, 2, and 3, are all daughters of Fun P weighing 1,311lbs, 1,331lbs and 1,370lbs respectively. The sisters each consume 55lbs of dry matter daily to account for their maintenance and production. However, they had considerable differences in production. During the measured period, Linde 1 produced an average of 80lbs fat corrected milk (FCM), Linde 2 measured at 73lbs FCM and Linde 3 championed at 90lbs FCM a day. The most efficient animal of the trio thereby produced 0.78lbs FCM per 1lb of consumed feed; while least efficient animal only gave 0.59lbs FCM back from 1lb of feed. Over an entire lactation that difference has a significant impact on your bottom line.
To learn more about our lineups, our new feed efficiency traits, and how CRV can help you build BETTER COWS FOR A BETTER LIFE, check out our directories and the links below or contact a CRV Genetic Consultant today at 1-855-CRV-COWS.